Remote Data BackUp
BASE Solutions is proud to announce Remote Data Backup, a business-class online data backup service that safely and inexpensively stores a company’s critical data at a secure offsite location.
Remote Data Backup enables businesses to immediately protect and restore digital information 24 x 7 x 365.
How does Remote Data Backup work?
- BASE Solutions installs the software on the customer network or PC – an automated backup schedule is established from one machine on the network for the specified servers and PCs to be protected.
- Data is collected from the specified servers and PCs across the LAN/WAN according to the schedule.
- The data is encrypted and compressed prior to being transferred offsite.
- Backup data is then immediately transferred offsite to a secure Data Center via a DSL, WiFi or T-1 internet connection.
- Backups are held offsite and are available 24x7 for rapid restore.
- Data is then backed up again at the Data Center, providing a second offsite copy.
What are the drawbacks of tape based solutions?
Tape backups can be unreliable. As with normal audio cassettes, backup tapes can be damaged easily. If a tape is damaged you can not restore your data. (Remote Data Backup is extremely reliable and can be easily verified). Tape backup often involves manual processes that invite the possibility of human error. Tapes have to be inserted into backup devices, swapped, and taken offsite for safety - (most companies will entrust their entire network data to a courier, or will take it home in a briefcase). In many scenarios, companies neglect the tape backup processes. (Remote Data Backup is a completely automated process). Tape restores can be complicated. If a tape is offsite, it has to be retrieved before you can begin to restore data, often from a company who cannot return the valuable tape 24 x 7. (Remote Data Backup enables customers to rapidly restore files). Most of all, tape backups and restores can be very time-consuming. You are burdened with the task yourself, instead of allocating your time, talent and management attention on other more important duties which drive your company’s profits. (Minimal time is required for backup and restores).